With 23 years of Design experience in waterproof design, it took me a three years to use all my knowledge and Experience to create and build the Lightweight Scottish Alpine Jacket. The Scottish Jacket is refining this further to produce a versatile jacket for mountain use. An Athletic Silhouette and with features where you need them.
“I have designed this three-layer Application to endure the demands of Mountaineers, ski Mountaineers and Serious Outdoor enthusiasts, Garments made with 3 layer Microporous are engineered for rough terrain while protecting against the extreme changing and unpredictable conditions presented to mountain Athletes. Many Athletes prefer this type of Technology as it maintains a dry feel when working hard in the most testing conditions, I have worked very hard in testing garments and fabric to find a membrane which meets and copes with what myself and athletes expect.” Richard Dannah MA
Lightweight Scottish Alpine Jacket uses the latest construction methods using 3D manikins to create Athletic movement and function to suit the elite in the Outdoors.
The Dannah Hood is patented design that is Helmet compatible that provides the best protection in cold or wet weather. The Cold Flexible peak and hood adjustment secures tightly and provides total coverage without restricting movement or visibility. The adjustment and hood has been designed for ease of use in inclement conditions. Simply fastening the main zip is all that is required to achieve protection.
Designer testing the jacket in blizzard conditions.
Lightweight Scottish Alpine Jacket Technical Features
- Highly Breathable
- Taped seams for added weatherproofness
- DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) PFC Free (fluorocarbons) helps repel water from fabric surface
- Reduced seams to reduce weight and increase breathability.
- PFC free DWR finish (perfluorocarbons PFC) (DWR; Durable Water Resistant)
- PTFE Free Jacket. (contains no Polytetrafluoroethane which does not bio-degrade)
- Robust construction (Made to EndureTM)
Patterning and tailoring
- New Anatomical manikins used for shape for fit and comfort.
- Twisted sleeve to give articulation to the elbow with reduced seams.
- Ergonomically tailored using new patterning methods.
- 360 body movement throughout all motion.
- Slim fit maximises breathability during high output and increases functional use.
- The cut Will allow for Layers to be added under the shell.
- Dannah High density cold flexible Peak. Tested to flex at -30°C, extreme temp for mountain use.
- Helmet compatible tailored to provide ultimate protection
- Adjustable hood drawcords
- Removable Hood Strap to secure the hood.
- Chin guard with brushed Rentex™ micro suede facing for added comfort
- Face opening adjustment moved to the rear of hood.
- Two A-line hand pockets with Aquaguard Vislon zips.
- Internal chest pockets with zip and Glove 3D wedge grip zip puller on Right internal pocket.
- Internal pockets positioned for ease of use while on the mountain.
- Please note: Our YKK Aquaguard zips are highly water resistant, but not waterproof. We do not recommend keeping items in your pockets that may be damaged by moisture.
Cuff & Sleeves features
- Soft Cuff Tab
- Reinforced Stitching on Velcro
- Ergonomic shape to the cuff.
- Twisted Sleeve to provide movement and reduce seams.
- Scooped hem.
- Single hand hem adjustment
- Water tight Vislon front zip
- Zip garages to protect zip closure from rain and snow
- Dannah 3D wedge grip corded zip puller
- High tenacity 40D Twill Microporous Membrane with Nylon Backer. PFC Free DWR.
- Machine wash in warm water (40°C). Or eco wash at 30°C
- Double rinse.
- Do not use fabric softener or Detergent
- Tumble dry on medium heat.
Do not iron.