Lightweight Scottish Alpine Jacket
This fabric provides an impenetrable barrier to rain and snow for guaranteed dryness.
This fabric blocks Wind from penetrating through reducing windchill and help maintain warmth inside yours layers.
MVTR (' BREATHABLE ')
The movement of moisture through the fabric to maintain dryer layers and help regulate body temperature.
REPELS WATER FROM THE SURFACE
Prevents saturation of the fabric to maintain function. This DWR is also PFC Free.
Packable and soft fabric is tough but allows comfort and performance.
Made in The UK, Scotland.
This was a small batch made in the UK and we only have a few left.
With 23 years of Design experience in waterproof design, it took me a three years to use all my knowledge and Experience to create and build the Lightweight Scottish Alpine Jacket. The Scottish Jacket is refining this further to produce a versatile jacket for mountain use. An Athletic Silhouette and with features where you need them.
“I have designed this three-layer Application to endure the demands of Mountaineers, ski Mountaineers and Serious Outdoor enthusiasts, Garments made with 3 layer Microporous are engineered for rough terrain while protecting against the extreme changing and unpredictable conditions presented to mountain Athletes. Many Athletes prefer this type of Technology as it maintains a dry feel when working hard in the most testing conditions, I have worked very hard in testing garments and fabric to find a membrane which meets and copes with what myself and athletes expect.” Richard Dannah MA
Lightweight Scottish Alpine Jacket uses the latest construction methods using 3D manikins to create Athletic movement and function to suit the elite in the Outdoors.
The Dannah Hood is patented design that is Helmet compatible that provides the best protection in cold or wet weather. The Cold Flexible peak and hood adjustment secures tightly and provides total coverage without restricting movement or visibility. The adjustment and hood has been designed for ease of use in inclement conditions. Simply fastening the main zip is all that is required to achieve protection.
- Taped seams for added weatherproofness
- DWR finish (Durable Water
Repellent) PFC Free (fluorocarbons) helps repel water from fabric surface
- Micro tape used to reduce bulk
- Reduced seams to reduce weight and increase breathability.
- PFC free DWR finish (Fluorocarbons PFC) (DWR; Durable Water
- Porelle Dry is made in a factory powered from just wind &
Solar energy in the UK.
- PTFE Free Jacket. (contains no Polytetrafluoroethane which does
- Robust construction (Made to Endure)
Patterning and tailoring
- New Anatomical manikins used for shape for fit and comfort.
- Twisted sleeve to give articulation to the elbow with reduced
- Ergonomically tailored using new patterning methods.
- 360 body movement throughout all motion.
- Slim fit maximises breathability during high output and increases
Hood Features ( Patent Pending)
- Dannah High density cold flexible Peak. Tested to flex at -30°C,
extreme temp for mountain use.
- Helmet compatible tailored to provide ultimate protection
- Adjustable hood drawcords
- Removable Hood Strap to secure the hood.
- Chin guard with brushed Rentex™ micro suede facing for added
- Face opening adjustment moved to the rear of hood.
- Two A-line hand pockets with Aquaguard vislon zips.
- Internal chest pockets with zip and Glove 3D wedge grip zip puller
on Right internal pocket.
- Internal pockets positioned for ease of use while on the mountain.
- Please note: Our YKK Aquaguard zips are highly water resistant,
but not waterproof. We do not recommend keeping items in your pockets that
may be damaged by moisture.
Cuff & Sleeves features
- Soft Cuff Tab
- Reinforced Stitching on Velcro
- Ergonomic shape to the cuff.
- Twisted Sleeve to provide movement and reduce seams.
- Scooped hem.
- Single hand hem adjustment
- Water tight Vislon
- Zip garages to
protect zip closure from rain and snow
- Dannah 3D wedge grip
corded zip puller
- High tenacity 40D Ripstop Porelle Dry Membrane with Nylon
Backer. PFC Free DWR.
- Machine wash in warm water (40°C). Or eco wash at 30°C
- Double rinse.
- Do not use fabric softener.
- Tumble dry on medium heat.
- Do not iron.
Microporous. Designed to provide the best comfort on the mountain. Durable waterproof protection, which is manufactured in an environmental and sustainable way. Being Microporous the fabric is Air permeable allowing Maximum breathability meeting the demands of the outdoor professional and the serious enthusiast.
Porelle Dry is a waterproof, Windproof and breathable microporous polyurethane membrane that is: light, flexible and durable.
Keeps you dry
Lightweight Scottish Alpine Jacket
Heavy rain in the lakes, deep mountain snow, chilling winds. Our shell Jackets are built to manage the harshest conditions and keep you comfortable.